Vision, Mission, Purpose, Aim
To become one of supreme academic institutions in developing mining knowledge and technology that focuses toward industry’s sustainability.
- To develop moral integrity, ability to cooperate, social responsibility, and flexibility to adapt toward global change in mining and related industries, with integrating spirit of maritime’s culture.
- To conduct academic activities which will be able to grow professionalism and creativity in managing activities related to mining industry.
- To have an active role in developing knowledge and innovation of mining engineering through cooperating with related industry.
Mining Engineering Study Program has several purposes:
- Optimal community and industry services through support of completed learning/research facilities and infrastructures.
- Excellent quality of graduates whom are shaped through condusive environmental condition and support from human resources (lecturers and administration staff) with high competences.
- Ability to develop knowledge and skills to do planning and managing mining activities, skills in controlling problems related to mining engineering, environmental-friendly mining concept, and effective and efficient mining system.
- Graduates that are fit with labor market needs in mining related fields nationally and internationally.
Aims of Mining Engineering Study Program are:
- Management of study program which is suitable with new paradigm of higher education development.
- Increasing of cooperation with mining industry.
- Increasing in active participation with activities of mining related associations.
- Creating excellent quality graduates that are suitable with society and industry needs, and have long-life education ability.